Version 1.0 – October 15, 2016
This policy describes how Vue Consulting treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Vue Consulting’s websites at your organization or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of Vue Consulting’s websites. Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by others. Please check with your employer about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on Vue Consulting’s websites. More on this below.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the our services. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a Vue Consulting user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Vue Consulting secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Vue Consulting users about new product features or other news about Vue Consulting. You can opt-out of these at any time.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by Vue Consulting. This section discusses only how Vue Consulting may share user information. Organizations that use Vue Consulting may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through Vue Consulting. Vue Consulting may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect Vue Consulting and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Vue Consulting ; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
- Integrations. If you add an integration, Vue Consulting may share information about you or your team with the provider of the integration. Vue Consulting is not responsible for how the provider of the integration may collect and use your data.
- About you with your organization or team administrator(s).
- We may share your email address and name with your organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization (to be clear, we’re not talking about free web-based email providers like Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail) we may disclose that email address and associated names to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses Vue Consulting, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. Please do not use a work email address for our services unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this kind of sharing.
- In addition, there may be times when you contact Vue Consulting to help resolve an issue specific to a team you are a member of. In order to help resolve the issue, we may need to share your concern with your organisation. When possible, we will try to mask or remove any identifying information before sharing these communications.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your Vue Consulting account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your Vue Consulting account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which organisation you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your Vue Consulting account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access Vue Consulting through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use our services.
Vue Consulting sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
Vue Consulting takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of our services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Vue Consulting after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
Vue Consulting Pty Ltd
PO Box 1299
Kenmore, QLD, 4069